Name: __________________________ Date: ________
1. Concentrated solar power can be used on rooftops to supply hot water for individual buildings and also to
2. Describe the difference between traditional hydropower and new hydropower.
3. List two ways that the ocean’s energy can be used to generate electricity.
4. Geothermal energy comes from _______________________ deep inside the earth.
5. Which type of renewable energy is the world’s fastest growing source of renewable energy?
6. The two types of biomass, energy crops and methane gas produced from decay in landfills, both need to be ______________________ in order to turn a turbine and generate electricity.